Friday 14 April 2017

On becoming a part of a community & helping others

A couple of days ago a good friend came to me asking for help, she had no idea how to deal with the situation and just wanted some advice. She works with a local charity and is actually the chair person. 

Now I don't want to get into the reasons why but the charity website had no host anymore and the website itself was dated & a bit boring. 

I thought I could help out and reached out to a friend to help with the hosting which he kindly offered for free. He told me that the version of wordpress the site was running was the oldest he had seen & I asked if it was possible to update it. 

Turns out it was more than possible and once he sorted out the hosting side of things I quickly got to work putting the website together in a more eye catching and modern way. 

I have learned so much about wordpress while doing this project and I am quite tempted to move back over there myself. 

All said and done this experience has been so wonderful. I am going to try my hardest to help out the group much more in future. 

We have already had a wonderful response from the folks over at Head Space who have offered the group free subscriptions. Finding this out has really made my soul happy. I feel so wonderful to be of use to the group. 

My next project for them is to design a banner that they can use for fundraising days. 

Please check out the new site over at - Newcastle Fibromyalgia

No comments:

Post a Comment